Phone numbers to call for any information:Phone numbers to call for any information:
- Ayaprun Elitnaurvigmi elluarrluta Yugtun qaneryaram tunginun elitnauriciqukut: ellaturivkarluki, taikanivkarluki Yugtun piciryaraput, qaneryaraput, yuuyarput-llu.
- ™We, the community of Ayaprun Elitnaurvik, will strive to provide a high quality Yugtun immersion education: empowering our diverse students by strengthening their knowledge, use, and understanding of Yup’ik core values, language, and culture.
- It is advantageous to be able to communicate in more than one language.
- Knowing a second language promotes cognitive development and academic achievement in all subjects.
- Learning a new language produces insight into that language’s worldview.
- Second language learning improves a child’s understanding and appreciation of his/her first language.
- Preparation for college and many careers is enhanced through second language acquisition.
- Knowledge of a second language promotes cross-cultural understanding, mutual respect and world peace.
- To provide the benefits of proficiency in Yup’ik language and understanding of Yup’ik culture.
- To achieve academic growth and mastery of the regular subject area curricula.
- To provide students with communicative competence in speaking, reading and writing appropriate to their level of language development.
- To enable students to have expanded educational and career opportunities.
- To foster in students high levels of motivation, achievement, self-confidence and mutual respect.